Work in progress (Or a Part-time Job?)

When Cody and I first thought of doing this, we thought to ourselves "Just start a go fund me page, put in the goal and we are good to go."  Needless to say this has literally become a part-time job for me.  We are constantly working on things, from the next practice walk to who can we reach out to for sponsorship.

The biggest hurdle however has been, who wants the money for Solar Panels.  Wow you must be thinking to such a statement and yet I still shake my head.  You see I would think handing over $20000.00 towards solar panels would be a no brainer.  Apparently, it takes time and effort to get an answer of acceptance.  We don't have many stipulations here.  Cody and I wanted it to go to a non-profit organization so that they can reap the benefits of lower hydro bills and that the funds must be used specifically for this use.  I guess even in the business of helping, you still have to answer to higher ups.  So tonight (in T-Minus 15 mins), we have a meeting with the Sunshine Coast Community Solar Association (have I mentioned that this group is amazing!  More on that shortly).  

Tonight we meet to try and figure out where to donate the $20000.  We ARE doing this as I am down to under 6 weeks to our walk.  So time is running out.  The thought of just doing a go fund me looks so much more promising right now.  We will get this done, I will reach out to everyone I know (and hope with the help of others the word will spread!).  Now I just sit and hope that this will come together and Cody and I will reach our goals.  

This can be done!


The SCCSA, wow.  What a group.  They took us under their wing, they made us board members and from there they have supported us along the way.  It is not just the bringing us in, but it feels like they are becoming our family.  Every time I turn around more support is coming our way.  This support can be as simple as some thoughts to full out helping us organize a step along our journey like finding us accommodation at one of our stops along the way.  Cody would like everyone to know the people on the board are amazing (however the meetings could be a bit shorter ;) ).  All in all, this is an amazing journey we are still looking forward to.

Now who wants the $20000?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What it takes to be able to do this walk.

The Walks

What is in the word Inspiration?