The Start! (A walk from Gibson's to Powell River or 120 km approximately)

 I have to admit I challenged my son and his immediate answer was "No Mom, I can't do that".  I told him to think on it and that is how this all began.


You see Cody is 10 years old and is amazing with helping our community out.  At 8 years old he decided to do a food drive in our small community of Tuwanek.  He than moved on to raising funds for the Sunshine Coast Wildlife Organization.  Followed up by raising funds through Earth Rangers for the Wolverines.


He is a giver and so I thought to myself, what can we do together (he often feels left out as I am a Girl Guide leader and do bundles with my daughter)?  So I challenged him to raise a bunch of money ($30000.00 is our goal) but told him if we were to ask this much we needed to work for it and so this walk is how it all began.  We are just finalizing who the funds will go to, but it is for Climate Change.


Of course, not knowing if he could do it (or should I say, I would survive), we did a test walk in November.  18 km up and down hills at 530am to my work and back.  In 4.5 hours we walked it and did over 27000 steps and we both survived (I may have been bed bound for a day, but this will get easier right?)




And this is how it all began.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What it takes to be able to do this walk.

What is in the word Inspiration?

The Walks